Save our Summer is filled! Thank you all so much for supporting the Museum!
Help Save Our Summer – and yours –
with a private Museum visit!
WE’VE EXTENDED SOS ANOTHER TWO WEEKS!
EXTENDED THROUGH LABOR DAY!
Summer is still going. We’re lonely, you’ve got cabin fever and the Museum has the solution for all of us!
Get a 3-hour Play Day at the Children’s Museum Tucson for your family or social bubble for a $300 donation.
- Maximum of 10 people.
- Free use of the entire Museum for all three hours – paint, climb, explore and be among the first to discover exhibit updates throughout the Museum. Find the giant scorpion or explore the new interactive Kitt Peak in Sense of Place, visit Veronica the Cow in Bodyology or check out the updated paint wall in Imagine It!
- Please limit your group to your household or a small group with whom you have already been meeting in a socially distant manner.
- Museum Members will get a special facilitated science activity during their Play Day.
- Donate and get a chance to win a two-night stay in a Casita Suite at the El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort (based on availability). Winner will be chosen after Sept. 7 or when all spots are filled.
When can we play?
- SOS Play Days start on Wednesday, July 15, and run through Sunday,
Aug. 30Sept. 7.
- There will be two Play Day sessions Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and three sessions on Fridays and Saturdays (through August).
- Register for your sessions with the links to the right (below on mobile devices).
Give Back Tuesdays
- We know things are challenging right now for a lot of our friends. If you can’t make an SOS donation to the Museum, you could still win a Play Date.
- We will randomly draw two names each Wednesday to fill two Play Date spots the following Tuesday, beginning with Tuesday, July 21. Sessions are at 9 am or 1 pm.
- You will be assigned a specific winning Play Date time. If your winning date and time don’t work for you, or if you do not confirm with us by Friday, we will select another family. Your entry will be returned to the list for a chance to be selected in the future.
- Register for a Give Back Tuesday spot here.
- Want to help, but can’t play? Make a donation to help support Give Back Tuesday!
- Your $300 donation (minus the value of regular admission) is tax deductible under CARES Act rules. Please check with your tax preparer for specific requirements.
- Donations are nonrefundable.
- Play Day groups are limited to 10 people. We will not let more than 10 people in the Museum at one time.
- All visitors age 5 and older will be required to wear face coverings while in the Museum. The masks are to keep all visitors and staff safe.
- The Museum will be thoroughly cleaned by staff between family sessions.
- Some Museum areas may be off limits because of minor ongoing work. We will attempt to minimize any disruptions.
- Staff will be onsite and available. All staff members are required to do a health check when they enter the building and will be wearing masks.
- Visitors will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the building.